our favorite apps
gratitude exercises apps
- Feel Good Tracker – Track & graph involvement in pleasant events
- Gratitude and Happiness (Track & Share Apps, LLC) – Track four happiness items and see what makes you happy and healthy
- Gratitude Diary (Rude Labs) – Helps you to focus on life’s best things
- Daily Tracker Lite – Follow and organize all aspects of your daily routine
- Pedometer – Helps keep track of how many steps you’ve taken in a day. Has GPS capabilities.
- Pedometer Step Count – Automatically records the steps you’ve taken
- Pink Pad – Menstrual and fertility tracker with integrated community to help women
- Water Your Body Lite – This app reminds you to drink water and helps track your drinking habits
- LoseIt – tracks food & calories – can scan barcodes or create own custom recipes
- MyFitnessPal – tracks food & calories – can scan barcodes or create own custom recipes
- CBT-I Coach – Goes through exercises of the CBT-I protocol
- Breathe2Relax: Simple, guided breathing exercise to help calm emotion dysregulation
- Buddhist Meditation: Music created for or inspired by Buddhism and part of Buddhist art.
- Cleveland Clinic Stress Meditation: Mindfulness, guided imagery, loving-kindness, body scan, etc.
- Headspace (on-the-go): contains a multiple of series of meditation practices to different settings such as performance, creativity, relationships, stress, etc.
- Insight Timer – Great app for meditation, has guided meditations
- Lotus Bud Mindfulness Bell: Sends randomized reminders to be mindful throughout the day
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Guided meditations app; strong focus on MBSR and the 7 attitudinal factors
- Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief (Jon Kabat Zinn)
- Mindfulness Meditation by MentalWorkout: Guided mindfulness meditations.
- Nature Sounds Relax and Sleep: includes a variety of soothing sounds of nature
- Qi Gong Meditation Relaxation:
- Re-mindful: random reminder to smile, breathe or be mindful.
- Relax & Rest Guided Meditations: 3 guided meditations.
- Take a Break: Guided meditation with music.
- iCBT – Helps keep thought logs.
- MoodKit – Helps keep track of positive and negative moods.
- Feel Good Tracker – Track/graph involvement in pleasant events
- LiveOCD – Great companion for ERP, good for kids
- OCDTest – Gives you the YBOCS questionnaire
- Acupressure: TreatYourself – Guide to self-acupressure, for relaxation.
- Stress Check – Questionnaire to help identify triggers of anxiety/stress.
- Stress Tracker – Track anxiety/stress on 10-point scale. Identify triggers. Graphs progress.
- Worry Box – Anxiety Self-Help guide to managing worry.
- Stop, breathe and think – guided meditation app – Mayo Clinic.
- Nature Sounds:Relax and Sleep – Soothing sounds of nature
- Relax & Sleep Well (i-mobilize, inc.) – High quality hypnosis recording helps alleviate stress and anxiety
- Sleep Stream 2 (Explosive Apps) – Plays soothing sounds from nature, gentle audio atmospheres, music, hypnosis tracks, etc to help you sleep, relax, meditate, and more.
- Sleep Time by Azumio Inc. – Detects your sleep cycles & behavior (REM vs Light Sleep)
- Smart Alarm Clock (Arawella Corporation) – Tracks your sleep patterns and records sounds at night to help you track your snoring.
- PE Coach – Created for returning vets with PTSD, recommended by the National Center for PTSD
- PTSD Coach – Skills for managing symptoms of PTSD and tools for tracking/graphing practice/progress
acceptance and commitment therapy apps
- ACTCompanion –
- Mindi – ACT app with a fun video.
- Signify – media player app that plays
attention re-training apps
- Anti-Anxiety – Attention retraining for GAD
- GoUpToThem – Attention retraining for Social Phobia
dialectical behavior therapy apps
- DBT Diary Card & Skills Coach – Helps to keep track of DBT skills
- AnxietyCoach (Mayo Clinic): a bit tricky to use, but can create your own hierarchy
- iTalk – good app for recording imaginal exposure
tracking and monitoring apps
- D.A.T.A – Behavior monitoring
- MeasureSet – Track multiple sources of data, including symptoms and behaviors
- Mood Panda (Jake Greenwood) – Helps track your mood. Can connect to online account to track from anywhere.
- Moody Me (MedHelp) – Helps track your mood. Can take pictures of things that make you feel happy and play them back.
- MyMoodTracker Lite (Aspyre Solutions) – App for recording your mental state and the factors that influence your mood
- Optimism (Optimism Apps) – Mood charting app that helps you develop strategies for managing depression, bipolar or other mental health conditions
- T2 Mood Tracker – Tracks a wide range of positive and negative emotions, customizable for monitoring additional s’s
- TracknShare – Best app to track behavior/monitor progress.
- Way of Life: Tracking app, helps you spot positive and negative trends in your lifestyle
- Behavior Assessment Pro – Tracks ABCs of a given behavior. Facilitates functional behavior analysis